Get started now: be an assistant in your own success
A position that’s essential in just about every field imaginable is office assistant. Qualified and skilled office assistants may work in a variety of settings, from solo-practitioner businesses to governmental offices and everything in between. The job responsibilities are just as varied, ranging from receptionist or clerk duties to recordkeeping.
Due to recent growth and workers changing positions or leaving this role, office assistants will have among the largest number of job openings according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The Prince Institute Office Assistant Certificate program is designed to give students the tools needed to fill entry-level positions in a variety of business environments. Through our program, students will acquire:
- Knowledge of basic computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software
- Keyboarding skills of a minimum level of 50 words per minute with no more than five (5) errors
- Competencies in oral and written communication skills
- Ability to create, proofread, and edit business communications
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Basic mathematical computations
- Knowledge of professional ethics and etiquette appropriate to business settings
Our program which includes an internship equips a student with the foundational knowledge and skills required to enter the job market. This could be your first step to a long and rewarding career.
To find out more about our Office Assistant Certificate program, contact Prince Institute today.